General Rental Terms and Condition
- The following terms and conditions apply to all rental service between the customer and SuitcaseNow.
- All reservation works on a First-Come-First-Serve basis.
- The customer must possess a valid Hong Kong identity card or passport and is over 18 years of age.
- The minimum rental period for all item(s) is 2 days.
- The customer shall refer to the factory manual’s or SuitcaseNow’s instruction when using the rental item(s), if damages incurred to the rental item(s) due to the customer’s improper usage or negligence or the rental item(s) is lost due to whatsoever reason during the trip, the customer shall be liable for all damages and related costs (including but not limited to repair cost, logistic cost etc). The amount payable for lost item or item damaged beyond repairable is listed at our Lost and Damaged Equipment page (established at URL http://www.suitcasenow.com/lost-and-damaged-equipment.html).
- The rental item(s) are regulated under a reservation system. In the event of force majeure or any other reasons, SuitcaseNow may be unable to provide the reserved item(s) on time (e.g. natural disasters, weather, or other factors resulting in the former customer’s lateness, damage of the item(s), etc.), a staff will inform the customers who made reservations, and try to replace a similar item to the originally reserved item, if the customer shall not opt for the replaced item, a full refund to the reservation will be issued.
- Shall the customer need to postpone the return of rental item(s) due to force majeure reasons or any other reasons, he/she must inform SuitcaseNow at least 24 hours before their arrival date back to Hong Kong (via phone, text messages, or e-mail), in order to facilitate the coordination of reservation for a subsequent rental, and late fees of HKD$100 per day per item of administrative penalty on top of the daily rental fee will be charged.
- Rental item(s) will be considered missing if it is overdue more than 5 days without prior notice or 14 days with prior notice. In such cases, the customer shall be responsible for the item(s)’ full prices and other related expense.
- Before taking over the rental item(s), the customer has to provide a government issued photo ID for copy. SuitcaseNow will also be put a hold of deposit in the customer’s credit card. Deposit can also be paid by bank cheque or cash at the time of delivery. The rental item(s) will only be handed over after confirmation of the customer’s identity and a full deposit is received.
- In the event where the customer had purchased a travel insurance, customers can send a copy of the travel insurance stating the insurance company, plan, travel date and name of insurer to SuitcaseNow. After SuitcaseNow had verify the insurance is sufficient enough to cover the rental product, SuitcaseNow may waive the deposit for the customer.
- The rental item(s) provided by SuitcaseNow shall not be used for business purposes. If solid case arises, SuitcaseNow have the right to cancel the fulfillments of the order and retain the legal right to take any further actions.
- Customer shall be prepared for SuitcaseNow to collect the equipment within the predetermined collection time. Failure to do so will result of a late fee of HKD$100 per day per item of administrative penalty on top of the daily rental fee.
- At the time of delivery, customer should perform a check-up on the rental item(s). If dysfunction or surface damages are to be found in the item(s), customer should arise to SuitcaseNow on the spot. Any dysfunction or surface damages happen from the pickup until the return of the item(s) will be held responsible to the customer, and SuitcaseNow may have the right to charge the customer for compensation or repairing cost.
- All rental item(s) are properties of SuitcaseNow, customer shall not sublease, disassemble, replace parts, amend the software in the item(s) nor use the item for committing an offence or with a dishonest intent. If solid case arises, SuitcaseNow have the right to cancel the fulfillments of the order and retain the legal right to take any further actions.
- During the rental period, customer shall inform SuitcaseNow immediately if any failure or damages occur to the rental item(s). SuitcaseNow shall decide whether the item(s) can be fixed under warranties, and the customer shall be released from repairing responsibility. If the rupture of the rental item(s) is caused by a third party, the customer shall assist SuitcaseNow in pursuing compensation from the third party, or else compensation shall be paid by the customer if such assistance is not provided by the customer.
- The customer shall have the responsibility to keep the rental item(s) clean and tidy. If severe fouling and bad smell of the rental item(s) hinder the fulfillments schedule to the next reservation, SuitcaseNow shall charge the customer a cleaning fee of HK$250 per item.
- Customer may request a separate location for returning pickup of the product. However, the location must be confirmed with our staff before 2 days before the predetermined departure date. Otherwise, SuitcaseNow shall charge the customer a delivery surcharge of HK$250 per location change.
- Password on any equipment should only be changed by SuitcaseNow's staff. If the customer insist on changing the password on any product without the assistant of SuitcaseNow's staff, the customer shall inform SuitcaseNow the updated password immediately. Otherwise, SuitcaseNow will charge a password recover fee of HK$250 per password deem to be recovered.
- All extra fee or penalty regarding damaged or missing items and all other penalty listed in this Term and Condition shall be settled within 10 working days from the date of the extra/penalty invoice issued. Customer shall settle the amount via bank transfer, cheque or cash. Bank information will be issued with the extra/penalty invoice.
- Shall the reservation be cancelled, SuitcaseNow shall refund the reservation fee according to the terms below:
Reservations cancelled 14 days or more before the predetermined departure date: 0% of the reservation fee will be deducted
Reservations cancelled 3-13 days before the predetermined departure date: 50% of the reservation fee will be deducted
Reservations cancelled 2 days or less before the predetermined departure date: 100% of the reservation fee will be deducted
- SuitcaseNow reserve the right to cancel the reservation and confiscate all the reservation fee if the deposit is not fully settled 2 days before the predetermined departure date.
- If SuitcaseNow determined the information provided by the customer for the reservation is fraudulent or the purpose or intend of the reservation is fraudulent, SuitcaseNow retain the right of not refunding any reservation fee back to the customer no matter when the customer calls for a cancelation or request for a refund.
- All product images provided by SuitcaseNow on our website are for reference purpose only and may differ from the actual product due to product enhancement.
- SuitcaseNow reserves all right to amend the general rental terms without advising the customer in advance.
- Personal Data Collection Statement: The provision of personal data is voluntary. However, failure to provide such data may make it impossible to process your reservation and communicate with you. Purpose of Collection: The personal data you provide shall be used for processing your reservation, future correspondence and in relation to activities for the promotion of this company. Transfer of Personal Data: For the purposes of collection mentioned above, the personal data you provide may be disclosed to Government departments, organisations and service contractors that are directly involved in this company. Access to / Correction of Personal Data: In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correct the personal data provided. Requests should be made in writing to the SuitcaseNow Limited.
- The customer shall indemnify and hold SuitcaseNow (and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees and any company in relation of SuitcaseNow) harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, liabilities, judgments, losses, costs, expenses and damages (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) arising out of or in connection with any claim or suit, demand or request by the customer.
- If a dispute has occurred about the general rental terms, SuitcaseNow reserves all right on how the terms should be interpolate and reserves the right of final decision.